All Tied Up
This is a quick little animation I did to become familiar with some of the tools in Blender 2.5. The primary goal of All Tied Up was to try out the array, and curve deform modifiers. As you can see, they work pretty slick. The curve deform modifier caused some twisting issues, but I was able to over come that by making some adjustments to the geometry of the rope. I also had some fun with the lighting and texturing in the scene. The motion blur and glare were done in post with the nodes in blender.It’s certainly not polished, but its just a test.
A quick side note: I did a quick test on render time between 2.49b and 2.5. Blender 2.49b took 15 minutes a frame. Blender 2.5 took just a little over a minute with no changed settings or loss in quality. CRAZY!